Raider Day – Tuesday, September 5th
Posted: | Updated:
<Originally posted on website on 7/10/2023>
The first day of school is Wednesday, September 6th, 2023. School starts daily at 8:50AM. Dismissal time for the first day of school is 3:40PM.
We will kick off our school year with RAIDER DAY on Tuesday, September 5th. See schedule below for student arrival times. It is determined by your student’s grade and last name.
Raider Day Details
All students enter at the Main Entry on 30th NE after taking their ID/Yearbook photo. All other entries will be closed.
9:00AM-10:30AM – Ninth Graders
9:00-9:30 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
9:30-10:00 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
10:00-10:30 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
Ninth graders should allot about an hour and a half to complete all Raider Day activities.
10:30AM-12:00PM – Tenth Graders
10:30-11:00 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
11:00-11:30 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
11:30-12:00 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
12:00PM-1:30PM – Eleventh Graders
12:00-12:30 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
12:30-1:00 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
1:00-1:30 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
1:30PM-3:00PM – Twelfth Graders
1:30-2:00 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
2:00-2:30 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
2:30-3:00 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
Raider Day Tasks
Main Entry – 30th Ave NE
- Take School photo for yearbook & ID/Activity Card picture – (appropriate dress requested) outside the Performing Arts Center. Please do this first before entering the building. These photos will go in the school yearbook. School portraits will be available for purchase through the Yuen Lui online ordering website one week after Picture Day. Print orders will be shipped directly to students’ homes within three weeks after picture day. ID cards will be distributed to students the week of 9/18 after activity card stickers have been placed on cards for those who purchased them.
- Students do not get a separate activity card. If student purchases an Activity card (also known as ASB card) but does not take a photo for student ID, they will need to carry around their receipt showing payment of ASB fee and be able to show photo ID indicating they are student for reduced price entry into games and purchase of tickets.
Office Hall – Fiscal window
- Purchase Activity Card Sticker $50 (funds from these cards support all activities, clubs and sports at NHHS). This is also known as ASB fee for those who participate in athletics. Though we refer to it as a card, it is actually a sticker that goes on the student ID card. Please ensure your student takes a photo on Raider Day so their sticker can be placed on their card.
- Purchase Yearbook $65 through 9/24/2023. After 9/24, the yearbook price will go up to $70. If paying by check, please make check payable to Nathan Hale High School (NHHS). One check for $115 for both the Activity Card and the Yearbook is acceptable.
- Save yourself time waiting in line by making your payments online! Go to the parent school portal, The Source, and click the SchoolPay Link to pay all of your student’s fees or fines via credit/debit card from home or on your personal device. We will be able to accept payments via debit/credit cards at school.
- 9th Graders will receive locker assignments in the Activity Center. All students are encouraged to take a photo of their combination on their phones. Find your locker and try the combination. 10th-12th Graders will pick up locker assignment from custodial window in the morning before classes begin the first several weeks of school.
- No ORCA cards will be distributed at school on Raider Day (as they have been in past years). Please see the 6/30 Friday Message regarding ordering your student’s ORCA card through myORCA.com. These cards are free for youth.
- Pick up final schedule of classes in the Commons or, open your schedule on the Source. Schedules will be available on the Source on Tuesday, September 5th. All students are encouraged to take a photo of their schedule on their phones.
- Walk through your schedule to find your classes
- Purchase Raider Gear (spirit gear)– if paying by check, make payable to NHHS Sports Boosters. See the Raider Gear website for prices.
- Pick up your SSD laptop in the Library. All students have a laptop waiting for them in the library.
- Counselors will be in the Benson Forum if your schedule is blank, has errors or holes.
Please find student schedules on The Source on Tuesday, September 5th (time to be determined) or pick up your final schedule on Raider Day. If you are new to Seattle Schools and do not have a Source account, one will be accessible to you the first week of school. If you find an error or are missing a class, you may see your counselor in the Benson Forum on Raider Day. If your schedule is blank, please call the Counseling Office, 206-252-3694, to make an appointment with your counselor. To find your student’s counselor, please scroll to the Contact Us portion on our Counseling webpage.
On Raider Day:
- Pick up final printed Semester 1 class schedule in the Commons or view your schedule online on The Source.
- Review schedule – if you are missing a class or there is a scheduling error, you can get in line to see your counselor in the Benson Forum OR see Ms. Takahashi in front of the Counseling Office to provide your contact information and requested change. Kindly note that classes are full, and we do NOT make changes for teacher preference.
- Students can meet with counselors regarding their schedules before and after school and during lunch the first week of school. Or requests may be emailed to your counselor. Schedule concerns or requests must be finalized by mid-September. (Please check back for a specific date as it hasn’t been confirmed as of this summer posting.)
- You MUST attend your classes as scheduled until you receive an updated schedule.
- Your counselor will email you a confirmation if your schedule change is approved and you should check the Source to review your new schedule.
- Students who have a blank schedule or are missing a core class, your counselors will be available from 9:00AM-3:30PM on Raider Day in the Benson Forum.
If your student will not be attending Nathan Hale HS this fall, please email our registrar, Lori Miller, at email@example.com.
Basic school supplies: pens, pencils, highlighters, and notebook paper or spiral bound notebooks. Teachers will inform students of any specific school supplies needed in their classes. Students should bring their fully charged SPS-issued laptops to class daily.
Early Release Time
The district has a 75-minute early release time on Wednesday afternoons. School will be dismissed at 2:25PM on Wednesdays with the exception of the first day of school, Wednesday, September 6th. Daily bell schedule will be distributed on Raider Day.
Safe and secure bike racks are located on both sides (east and west) of the building. Student drivers are to park in our Student Parking lot located south of the building – NOT the Staff lot. If you plan to drop off your student, please do so on the east side of 30th Ave NE or the south side of NE 110th. Please do not park on the west side of 30th Ave NE or along the red curbs in the student parking lot. Handicapped parking is available in all parking areas for those with valid permits.
Sign up for Hale Mail to receive the daily bulletin and other important school information. Sign up for Hale Mail. Be sure to include your name, email address and graduation year of student(s). If you are currently in a Hale Mail group for an older student and would like to add a younger student’s graduation year to get the Hale Mail specific to that year, go to the “Update Subscription Preferences” link that is at the bottom of a current Hale Mail to update your Hale Mail groups.
Help Collate Packets!
Parents – would you like to meet other Hale parents? Help collate the Start of School packet (forms and information sent home the first week of school), and meet other parents while doing it! Please enter building from Main Entry doors and check-in at the Main Office.
9:00am (until finished)
Save the Date: Open House/Curriculum Night will be on Thursday, October 5th
Classroom visits will start at 7:00PM. Families of seniors are invited to the “Senior Year – September to June” meeting in the PAC at 6:15PM. (This time is subject to change so please check the school calendar webpage closer to mid-September to confirm time.) Families of juniors who would like to get a preview of senior year are more than welcome to join us.