Senior Bulletin #2
Posted: | Updated:
<Originally posted May 25, 2022>
If you have not yet ordered a cap and gown for your student, now is the time! Order online at Jostens.com . Order now for delivery to school by June 2nd, pick up day
Monday, May 23 & 24 Senior Signs for lawns and windows of each senior
Pick-up in Activity Center 5.23 or 5.24 during reading, after that, in main office
Friday, May 27th Graduation Requirements Deadline
Details of Graduation Requirements on Senior “To Do” page
Thursday, June 2nd Cap & Gown Pick-up Day
Yearbook Distribution Day
Activity Center, students go with their class
Running Start seniors without classes at NHHS can pick up after 3PM
Last Day to Change Spelling of Name for Graduation Program
Go to Main Office to make edits.
Friday, June 3rd Patriot Assembly – Seniors honored
11AM – 12:30PM in the Gym
8PM – 11PM at Block 41 in Belltown
PROM TICKETS ARE BEING SOLD during lunch in the AC through Friday, 5/27. Prices are
$12 with ASB card and $15 without. Guest passes for non-Hale students are available in
the main office. Please pick up guest paperwork ASAP. Processing takes time. No need
to have a date to go to Prom. Friends go together, individuals go, couples go. Don’t
Week of June 6 -10 Return of Books, Materials, and Laptops
Seniors will return laptops, books and materials the week of June 6th-10th. Fines for
unreturned items must be paid prior to graduation. Please check The Source to see if
you have any outstanding materials from prior school years that could be returned
earlier. Here is the link to a YouTube video showing students how to log into our library
catalog to view current checkouts and fines for textbooks, library books, and other
materials: View Youtube video Fines, called “Patrons
Fees” in School Pay, are payable through School Pay
Monday, June 6 Senior Check Off Sheets available
Sheets will be sent to seniors in their LA classes
Running Start students without LA classes at NHHS should pick their sheets up in the
Six tickets to graduation per senior, may be picked up in main office when Senior Check
out Sheet is completed and turned in.
Friday, June 10 Last day for seniors
Senior Check off sheet due
Ice Cream Social at the end of school day
Monday, June 13 10:00 AM NHHS Class of 2022 Graduation Rehearsal, on Raider Field
8:00 PM NHHS Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony, Raider Field
Reception following Graduation Ceremony in the Commons
Date to Be Determined: Senior Breakfast
“To Do” List for Graduating Seniors
Avoid fines by returning library books, textbooks from previous years and any materials you have checked out from NHHS. If you do owe fines, now is the time to pay them to have a smooth Senior Check Out.
Check your school email frequently for Class of 2022 updates and information. We will send them directly to you in your school email.
- Graduation Requirements Deadline
Due Friday, May 27th
- High School & Beyond Plan (see directions below)
- 24 credits earned
- Credit requirements for graduation must be met. Students who do not have their credits complete or an applied waiver will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony per SPS district policy.
- Online courses and credit recovery courses completed
- All PE Waivers are due to Mr. Haskins for athletic participation, to counselor for any other waiver
- All fines paid – check The Source for fine details
Note: Waived Graduation Requirements for Class of 2022
Service Learning Hours and completion of a Hale Action Project (HAP) are not graduation requirements for the Class of 2022.
- High School and Beyond Plan
Due Friday, May 27th
You need to complete your High School and Beyond Plan to graduate. There are four tasks that need to be completed. You may have already done #1. If so, just do 2-4. Please let your counselor know if you need any help with this. Remember to use Clever ID to login and follow the directions below.
The tasks that need to be completed for graduation are:
- Achieve Works Personality Assessment– some did this in 10th grade, needs to be completed for all students.
- On the Naviance Home Page click on Self-Discovery at the top of the page.
- Choose Personality in the dropdown menu
- Click on Start Assessment. Super fun!
- Finalize Resume- one final look and revision of Resume.
- On Homepage, left hand side find Important To Dos and Tasks
- Click on Build or Update Resume
- Click on build a resume (white arrow in red box is where you will start)
- Complete task!
- After High School Plan
- Follow same directions as Resume and go to To Do’s and Tasks
- Click on After HS Plan and take the survey (white arrow in red box is where you will start)
- Complete the survey!
- SPS Graduation Survey- will be completed after May 1st- more to come then. If you know what your plans are for college or beyond HS now, you can complete it early. Same directions for After HS Plan except pick Grad Survey.
See Rae in the main office at lunchtime or after school to verify the spelling of your name for your diploma.
- Requesting Final Transcripts
All Final transcripts are requested through Naviance.
Instructions for requesting a transcript through Naviance:
1) From the Naviance home screen, click on Colleges and click on “College I’m Thinking About”
2) Check the box next to each school where transcripts should be sent
3) Click Request Transcript
a) Make sure the deadline is correct and
b) You have sent application to “Direct to institution”
4) Review the request and select the correct type of transcript (Final), additional materials, and location
transcript should be sent
5) Click Request and Finish
Note: Requests will be filled after grades are finalized. This process is usually complete by the first week of July.
- Cap and Gown Orders
If you have not yet ordered a cap and gown for your student, now is the time! Order online at Jostens.com .
Families have been asking about seniors using a sibling’s or friend’s cap and gown from a previous year. Yes, this is acceptable. There are two things to be aware of if you have a cap and gown from a previous year. There may be slight color differences in the blue gowns from year to year. You will need to order the stole and tassel for this graduating year. Families can go online to order the items separately if they need to. If you prefer to make the order over the phone, call Alysa Harris, Josten’s Office Manager at 360-653-9102
- Return books, materials, uniforms, and laptops to avoid fines
This is done the week of June 6th – 10th, If you have fines for items from previous years, please locate the items and return as soon as possible.