Raider Day: Tuesday August 31st
Posted: | Updated:
We will kick off our school year with Raider Day on Tuesday, August 31st – the day before the official first day of school.
- Raider Day Details
- Raider Day tasks outside the building at the main entry (Parents & guardians welcome!)
- Raider Day tasks inside the building (Students Only)
- Student Schedules
- Not Attending Nathan Hale HS this year
- School Supplies, Early Release, Parking and Hale Mail
- Three Important Things to Know
Raider Day Details
Due to the current SSD COVID safety protocols, parents and guardians are unable to enter the building, however are invited to the area outside the main entry of the building for coffee, Raider Gear (spirit gear) shopping and Activity Card and Yearbook purchases which can also be done online (see below).
Entry: all students enter at the Main Entry on 30th NE after taking their student photo. All other entries will be closed.
9:00AM-10:30AM – Ninth Graders
10:30AM-12:00PM – Tenth Graders
12:00PM-1:30PM – Eleventh Graders
1:30PM-3:00PM – Twelfth Graders
Raider Day tasks outside the building at the main entry (Parents & guardians welcome!)
- Take School & ID/Activity Card pictures (appropriate dress requested) outside the Performing Arts Center. A price list from Yuen Lui is available through the Yuen Lui online ordering website. They encourage ordering your pictures online. A small number of hard copy order forms will be available. Preorder photos through Tuesday, September 7th. After this date, they will process photos for printing and ship to Nathan Hale for distribution. After the seven-day grace period, parents can order by entering an online code (your student’s ID number). There is an additional cost to cover individualized printing, packaging, and shipping. These photos will be shipped directly to students’ homes. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase Activity Cards $45.00 (funds from these cards support all activities, clubs and sports at NHHS)
- Purchase Yearbook $60.00 (buy now as the price will go up on January 1, 2022.)
- If paying by check, please make check payable to Nathan Hale High School (NHHS). One check for both the Activity Card and the Yearbook is acceptable ($105). Save yourself time waiting in line by making your payments online! Go to the parent school portal, The Source, and click the SchoolPay Link to pay all of your student’s fees or fines via credit/debit card from home or on your personal device. We will be able to accept payments via debit/credit cards at school.
- Purchase Raider Gear – if paying by check, make payable to NHHS Sports Boosters. See the Raider Gear website for prices.
Raider Day tasks inside the building (Students Only)
- Pick up your ORCA card in the Activity Center. ALL students have an ORCA card waiting for them to pick up.
- 9th and 10th graders will receive locker assignments in the Activity Center. Find your locker and try the combination. 11th and 12th Graders will pick up locker assignment from custodial window in the morning before classes begin the first several weeks of school.
- Pick up final schedule of classes in the Commons or open your schedule on The Source which will be available on Raider Day, August 31st.
- Walk through your schedule to find your classes
- Pick up your SPS-issued laptop in the Library!
- Counselors will be in the Benson Forum if your schedule is blank, has errors or holes
Please find student schedules on The Source on Raider Day. If you find an error or are missing a class, you may see your counselor in the Benson Forum on Raider Day. If your schedule is blank, please call the Counseling Office, 252-3694, to make an appointment with your counselor. To find your student’s counselor, please scroll to the Contact Us portion on our Counseling webpage.
On Raider Day:
- Pick up final printed Semester 1 class schedule in the Commons or view your schedule online on The Source.
- Review schedule – if you are missing a class or there is a scheduling error, you can get in line to see your counselor in the Benson Forum OR see Ms. Takahashi in front of the Counseling Office to provide your contact information and requested change. Kindly note that classes are full, and we do NOT make changes for teacher preference.
- Students can meet with counselors regarding their schedules before and after school and during lunch the first week of school. Or requests may be emailed to your counselor. Schedule concerns or requests must be finalized by September 10th.
- You MUST attend your classes as scheduled until you receive an updated schedule.
- Your counselor will email you a confirmation if your schedule change is approved and you should check the Source to review your new schedule.
- Students who have a blank schedule or are missing a core class, your counselors will be available from 9:00AM-3:30PM on Raider Day in the Benson Forum.
Not Attending Nathan Hale HS this year
Please email our registrar, Renee Jackson, at email@example.com if your student is no longer going to attend Nathan Hale.
School Supplies, Early Release, Parking and Hale Mail
School Supplies: Basic school supplies: pens, pencils, highlighters, and notebook paper or spiral bound notebooks. Teachers will inform students of any specific school supplies needed in their classes. Students will bring their SPS-issued laptops to class daily.
Early Release Time: The district has a 75-minute early release time on Wednesdays. School will be dismissed at 2:20PM on Wednesdays with the exception of the first day of school, Wednesday, September 1th. See our Bell Schedule webpage for each day’s schedule.
Parking information: Safe and secure bike racks are located on east and west sides of the building. Student drivers should park in our Student Parking lot located south of the building-NOT the Staff lot. If you plan to drop off your student, please do so on the east side of 30th Ave NE or the south side of NE 110th. Please do not park on the west side of 30th Ave NE or along the red curbs in the student parking lot. Handicapped parking is available in all parking areas for those with valid permits.
Hale Mail: Receive daily bulletin and other on-line communication. Sign up at: http://bit.ly/2pS69ks. Be sure to include your name, email address and graduation year of student(s). If you are currently in a Hale Mail group for an older student and would like to add a younger student’s graduation year to get the Hale Mail specific to that year, go to the “Update Subscription Preferences” link that is at the bottom of a current Hale Mail to update your Hale Mail groups.
Three Important Things to Know
- SPS COVID protocols – students only in the building on Raider Day.
- Student schedules available on the Source and in the Commons on Tuesday, August 31st.
- Students should bring their SPS-assigned laptop on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 1st.