Raider Day on Tuesday, September 6th
Posted: | Updated:
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year!
The first day of school is Wednesday, September 7th, 2022. School starts daily at 8:50AM. Dismissal time for the first day of school is 3:40PM.
We will kick off our school year with Raider Day on Tuesday, September 6th. See schedule below for arrival times. It is determined by your student’s grade and last name.
Raider Day Details: all students enter at the Main Entry on 30th NE after taking their ID/Yearbook photo. All other entries will be closed.
9:00AM-10:30AM – Ninth Graders
9:00-9:30 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
9:30-10:00 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
10:00-10:30 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
Ninth graders should allot about an hour and a half to complete all Raider Day activities.
10:30AM-12:00PM – Tenth Graders
10:30-11:00 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
11:00-11:30 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
11:30-12:00 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
12:00PM-1:30PM – Eleventh Graders
12:00-12:30 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
12:30-1:00 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
1:00-1:30 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
1:30PM-3:00PM – Twelfth Graders
1:30-2:00 Last names beginning with A-B, H-J, and P-Sal
2:00-2:30 Last names beginning with C-D, K-Mc, and Sam-T
2:30-3:00 Last names beginning with E-G, Md-O, and U-Z
Raider Day Tasks
Main Entry – 30th Ave NE
- Take School & ID/Activity Card pictures (appropriate dress requested) outside the Performing Arts Center. School portraits will be available for online viewing through the Yuen Lui online ordering website: 2022-23 Nathan Hale High School Picture Day 9/6 (your student’s school ID number will be needed) one week after Picture Day. Print orders will be shipped directly to students’ homes within three weeks after the picture day. Digital orders will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org within three weeks after the picture day (use “email@example.com“ to search your inbox/spam folders.) ID cards will be distributed to students the week of 9/12 after activity card stickers have been placed on cards for those who purchased them.
Office Hall – Fiscal window
- Purchase Activity Cards $45.00 (funds from these cards support all activities, clubs and sports at NHHS)
- Purchase Yearbook $65.00 (buy now as the price will go up on January 1, 2023.) If paying by check, please make check payable to Nathan Hale High School (NHHS). One check for both the Activity Card and the Yearbook is acceptable ($110).
- Save yourself time waiting in line by making your payments online! Go to the parent school portal, The Source, and click the SchoolPay Link to pay all of your student’s fees or fines via credit/debit card from home or on your personal device. We will be able to accept payments via debit/credit cards at school.
- 9th Graders and new-to-SPS 10th – 12th Graders pick up your ORCA card in the Activity Center.
ALL students are eligible to receive an ORCA card but we will only distribute cards to 9th graders who didn’t receive cards in middle school and those who are new-to-SPS in 10th – 12th graders. Any students with district-issued ORCA cards should hold on to their ORCA card from last school year for use this year. See the Free Youth Transit Pass PDF attached here. .
- 9th Graders will receive locker assignments in the Activity Center. All students are encouraged to take photo of their combination on their phones. Find your locker and try the combination. 10th-12th Graders will pick up locker assignment from custodial window in the morning before classes begin the first several weeks of school.
- Pick up final schedule of classes in the Commons or, open your schedule on the Source which will be available starting 7:00AM on Tuesday, September 6th. All students are encouraged to take a photo of their schedule on their phones.
- Walk through your schedule to find your classes
- Purchase Raider Gear (spirit gear)– if paying by check, make payable to NHHS Sports Boosters. See the Raider Gear website for prices.
- Pick up your SSD laptop in the Library. All students have a laptop waiting for them in the library.
- Counselors will be in the Benson Forum if your schedule is blank, has errors or holes.
Please find student schedules on The Source at 7:00AM Tuesday, September 6th or pick up your final schedule on Raider Day. If you are new to Seattle Schools and do not have a Source account, one will be accessible to you the first week of school. If you find an error or are missing a class, you may see your counselor in the Benson Forum on Raider Day. If your schedule is blank, please call the Counseling Office, 252-3694, to make an appointment with your counselor. To find your student’s counselor, please scroll to the Contact Us portion on our Counseling webpage.
On Raider Day:
- Pick up final printed Semester 1 class schedule in the Commons or view your schedule online on The Source.
- Review schedule – if you are missing a class or there is a scheduling error, you can get in line to see your counselor in the Benson Forum OR see Ms. Takahashi in front of the Counseling Office to provide your contact information and requested change. Kindly note that classes are full, and we do NOT make changes for teacher preference.
- Students can meet with counselors regarding their schedules before and after school and during lunch the first week of school. Or requests may be emailed to your counselor. Schedule concerns or requests must be finalized by September 20th.
- You MUST attend your classes as scheduled until you receive an updated schedule.
- Your counselor will email you a confirmation if your schedule change is approved and you should check the Source to review your new schedule.
- Students who have a blank schedule or are missing a core class, your counselors will be available from 9:00AM-3:30PM on Raider Day in the Benson Forum.
If your student will not be attending Nathan Hale HS this fall, please email our registrar, Lori Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Parents on Raider Day: The Nathan Hale Community Organization and Nathan Hale Foundation will host a parent coffee from 9:00am to 11:00am in the Activity Center.
School Supplies: Basic school supplies: pens, pencils, highlighters, and notebook paper or spiral bound notebooks. Teachers will inform students of any specific school supplies needed in their classes. Students should bring their fully charged SPS-issued laptops to class daily.
Gift Card Drive on Raider Day: The Nathan Hale Community Organization (NHCO) coordinates gift card drives and supports Nathan Hale in many ways throughout the school year. You are invited to participate in their fall gift card drive. Support our Raider families by donating $25 Target or Fred Meyer/QFC gift cards. The Nathan Hale counseling staff will safely distribute donated gift cards to families seeking support throughout the school year. To find out how you can get involved in the NHCO throughout the year. Thank you for taking part in our Raiders supporting Raiders gift card collection!
Early Release Time: The district has a 75-minute early release time on Wednesday afternoons. School will be dismissed at 2:25PM on Wednesdays with the exception of the first day of school, Wednesday, September 7th. Daily bell schedule will be distributed on Raider Day.
Parking information: Safe and secure bike racks are located on both sides (east and west) of the building. Student drivers are to park in our Student Parking lot located south of the building – NOT the Staff lot. If you plan to drop off your student, please do so on the east side of 30th Ave NE or the south side of NE 110th. Please do not park on the west side of 30th Ave NE or along the red curbs in the student parking lot. Handicapped parking is available in all parking areas for those with valid permits.
Hale Mail: Sign up for Hale Mail to receive the daily bulletin and other important school information.. Be sure to include your name, email address and graduation year of student(s). If you are currently in a Hale Mail group for an older student and would like to add a younger student’s graduation year to get the Hale Mail specific to that year, go to the “Update Subscription Preferences” link that is at the bottom of a current Hale Mail to update your Hale Mail groups.
Help Collate Packets! Parents – would you like to meet other Hale parents? Help collate the packet of forms and information sent home on the first day of school, and meet other parents while doing it! Collating will start at 9:00AM in the Library on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 7th. Please sign-in first at the Main Office by the West Entry before proceeding to the library.
Save the Date: Open House/Curriculum Night will be on Thursday, September 22nd. Classroom visits will start at 7:00PM. Families of seniors are invited to the “Senior Year – September to June” meeting in the PAC at 6:15PM. Families of juniors who would like to get a preview of senior year are more than welcome to join us.