Log books are used in language arts, social studies, science, and health classes in the academy. Students will bring two new log books to class on the first day of each quarter. Students will set up their log books during class under the guidance of their teachers.
SETTING UP YOUR LOG BOOK
Your log book will help you keep your work organized, allow you to do your homework more efficiently, and assist you in studying. It is very important that you keep your log book up to date by maintaining it on a daily basis. Follow the directions below in setting up your log book.
1) NUMBER the first ten pages starting with (Roman Numeral) I. Put the number on the top outside corner of the page (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X). These pages will be your "table of contents", and you will start a new page every week of the quarter.
2) NUMBER the pages following the first ten starting with 1. Once again, put the number on the top outside corner of the page. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.) Number at least the first 30 pages; you will add more page numbers as you need them.
3) On page I, in the large "margin" above the blue line, write Assignment Log. Copy the headings from the chart below (the handwritten dates, titles and pages are examples only). You will do this for each new Assignment Log page at the beginning of each week.
|Assignment Log |
|Date ||Due ||Title ||Page |
| || || || |
| || || || |
4) PRINT your name and subject on the outside cover. Add your block teacher's name and your mentor's name on the outside cover as well.
MAINTAINING YOUR LOG BOOK
- When you arrive in class every day, take out your log book before doing anything else.
- Copy the assignments on the overhead into your assignment log.
- Start each new assignment at the TOP of a new page in the body of your log book (after the first ten pages).
- Write the Date and Title of the assignment at the top of the page.
- When you get worksheets, answer the questions in your log book unless otherwise noted.
- TAPE worksheets in your log book in the center as directed by your teacher, so they turn like other pages - you can read both sides and you can use the log book pages on either side for other work.
- TAPE this paper in the front of your log book so that it is handy for reference.